Questions and Answers
Dr. Lu of Alexandria Dental Care is pleased to answer the many dental related questions of her patients from Northern Virginia, Washington D.C. and Maryland. This section provides questions and answers for many frequently asked questions regarding sedation dentistry.
Oral sedation dentistry can benefit a wide range of patients, including people with:
- High dental anxiety and fear
- A severe gag reflex
- Time constraints—those who need to get more dentistry done in fewer visits
- Chronic or acute jaw soreness
- Physical limitations such as back and neck problems
- Difficulty getting numb
- A reluctance to previously complete treatment plans
- Extensive treatment needs
- A desire to have dentistry done comfortably while they are fully relaxed
While there are many types of sedation, Alexandria Dental Care offers both oral sedation and nitrous oxide sedation dentistry.
Not long at all. A patient that was anxious often after just a minute or two before treatment will become relaxed and calm.
We’ll review your insurance coverage and, if necessary, make financial arrangements to insure you get the dental care you need.